View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.
I'll pose two questions to you:

How do you think Texans fans would feel if they had started out 0-3 but were now 12-3? There's historical precedent to answer that, if you've lived in Houston long enough. How do you think fans would feel if the team had lost to the Packers and Patriots in a close, hard fought game?

This 12-3 argument is akin to arguing that Tebow is a good QB because the Broncos went to the playoffs with him last year. There are indicators and signs that belie the record. More importantly, record doesn't matter in the playoffs. Everyone is 0-0 and you can't lose.