View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why are you even comparing him to those guys? Why is a guy who isn't as good as them even being held to that same standard??

With what you expect out of a QB all of a sudden, I think it would be best for you to root for the Texans to completely blow up and become a 1-15 type of team for a few years so we can get top 3 picks every year until we find a "can't miss" type of prospect. Otherwise I don't think that you'll ever be happy with any other QB who isn't elite. And there are typically only 3 to 4 guys like that per year, so we'll probably have to stink for a while before we find a guy that is up to the standards that you are setting.
I am not comparing him, others are! LMAO!

When other posters toss in Brees and Manning in the same conversation, saying those two guys have bad days--to bring Schaub's bad games into the same conversation--that is not MY idea, it's theirs. Read the posts, Tex. Geez.

The guy looks LOST. And not just one shaky game. He's had one vs. Packers, one vs. Patriots, got a freebie vs. the Titans, and looked his ultimate worst vs. Vikings (in our own stadium, nonetheless).

But hey, yeah...GP is crazy. Just remember: I was the one getting flamed for my predictions about the Patriots game. I was the one getting flamed for my predictions and warnings about the Vikings game. Who among you thought we'd lose to the Vikings???? Huh? That's what I thought.

Ya' know what, everyone, go ahead. Dream yourself into believing that Matt is OK. But he's not. And frankly, he's one shell-shocked moment in the early part of the Colts game away from going full-on head case. You can see it all over the guy, if people wouldn't try so hard to believe otherwise.

He's got that whole body language look to him, it's Kris Brown syndrome...when a guy knows he's not right but he HAS to be out there.

I swear, part of me just wishes we'd go ahead and have to play in the first round and just get this **** over with. I don't know if I can stand everyone pretending they don't see anything wrong or that this is just a passing phase that will be long forgotten after we "beat" the Colts in their house (which we've never done, which will be attempted after having gotten our brains beat out by ourselves and the Vikings last Sunday). Yeah, we got those Colts and the rest of the AFC playoff teams right where we want 'em.