View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
As you pointed out, Tate has no bargaining power to command "Foster $". One good year (and a piece of another) out of three won't get him a Foster-type contract.

I could see trading Tate to Atlanta because they should be looking for a Michael Turner replacement. Maybe Arizona or Detroit since they could definitely use a boost to their running games.

I'm curious as to why you singled out Miami...??
Dolphins have 2 seconds and 2 thirds and need to make a bang in off season imo. Bush is a FA with probably one last contract to set him up. Tate is a similar back with OC that runs a similar style to Texans. Miami looks at how Bush was successful after injuries & Tate could be the same. Miami has a young QB that needs some options like a WR @ #14, keeping an RB like Bush that not only runs but can catch. A free agent tackle who if healthy will command big bucks soaking up cap space. Tate's cheap final year in '13 gives Miami a good bit of leeway over a re-signed Bush. If Jake Long cannot come back, having Houston's first would be sweet for them. Reggie is in his last year now.

Atlanta a SB contender will not have the same urgency to make a good deal with us.