View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012   #47
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How much more of Matt Schaub do we have to see, in order to say that this guy is really just a notch or two better than David Carr?

I mean, I don't get it. Other than show competency (something Carr couldn't show) what has Matt Schaub accomplished? Even TJ Yates, the guy who didn't improve a lick from last season, went out there and won us a playoff game and almost pushed us through to the AFCC game too!

Doesn't that say something? If TJ Yates can lead this team and do relatively the same as Matt Schaub, what does that say about Matt Schaub?

I'm sorry, but this QB and this HC are mirror images of one another. They are codependent of one another. They need each other. Hell, they practically are the same person through and through. And with that, there's no higher ceiling.

We're at the top. We've maxed out with these two guys.

That's what has me bummed out. I'm at the top, and there's higher levels above us that we're not going to get to. Sort of depressing, actually. Oh well.
jesus.. what a ridiculous thread overall but as usual GP rattled the loudest...

prob should just ignore it but comparing schaub to carr & yates just sounds dumb. totally different qbs. plus last yr the offence averaged ~10 pts more a game with schaub at qb... which isnt 'relatively the same'

he's played a couple poor games lately (the whole offence has) and he's not elite but we know what we're getting by now. give him some semblence of time and he can get the job done still. hes proven before that he can be the focal pt of a successful offence in 09-10 when we couldnt run a lick. hes done the same at times this yr when we needed rescuing that ppl have chosen to ignore (jags, lions) but now that hes failed v the pats & vikes, hes getting killed.

imo the o-line have played really, really poorly lately (and had a below avg yr overall) and with an immobile qb like schaub, thats a deathknell. he doesnt need a run game to be effective but he does need protection... and hes not been getting it so has struggled.

it will be tough to find an upgrade on schaub. it'll be alot easier to upgrade the o-line to get this offence back to its machine like efficiency its been since schaub got here. thats the bigger cause of the recent offensive funk we've seen
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote