View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Understood and I pondered that. We have Tate signed only for 2013. I'm thinking he wants Foster $ as he said that right after Arian got his new deal. Unfortunately for Tate, his hamstring might be costing him. At least he has one more season. In your scenario and I don't necessarily disagree it will go down that way, Texans use Tate cheap 2013 $575,000 then kick him loose unless he signs a bargain deal.

A healthy Tate with a good end to this season has more value to a team like Miami as a cheap starter (with an extended deal) than to Houston as a backup IF Tate accepts that role. I think he is gone in FA.
As you pointed out, Tate has no bargaining power to command "Foster $". One good year (and a piece of another) out of three won't get him a Foster-type contract.

I could see trading Tate to Atlanta because they should be looking for a Michael Turner replacement. Maybe Arizona or Detroit since they could definitely use a boost to their running games.

I'm curious as to why you singled out Miami...??
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote