View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012   #33
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We have a backup quarterback being coached by a backup quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
See, this is where the disconnect is.

Schaub would make a really good back up qb. Not going to take a lot of risk, not going to do anything crazy, knows what he's doing, pretty accurate with his feet set. If your starter gets hurt you aren't worried to death because you have a back up qb that can come in and do good things.....BUT, he's not a play maker. Third and longs get a lot harder...redozone offense isn't the same...you don't feel as good about how the offense will do in crunch time...

The reason people want a guy like romo over schaub is because he can make plays schaub can't. Thats it.

Decision making and all that stuff is somewhat coachable. Being mobile, having a better arm, evading defenders in the pocket, consistently being able to zip passes...you can do it or you can't...and Matt schaub can't. He never will be able to. This is his ceiling.

I think people want to see what kubiak and this offense could do with a guy with those skills. Last year we saw a glimpse of it with a fifth round rookie. And despite what everyone says, he did ok for himself.

The question is not who is better than schaub, it's who can we find with Yates like tools, but a better player.

I think if you take a guy like romo or cutler in this offense they'd do better than schaub. They have better tools. Their decisions might be more risky, but it's a trade off and you hope/think that the overall results would be better.

If you put all the qb's in the NFL in a draft and you are picking, schaub is not going in the top 15. Depending on who is picking, maybe not top 20... He'd be a starter for someone, but I almost guarantee they'd be looking for a young back up with better tools to groom.
Who are these people that would want Romo over Schaub?? Any spare me with the people in here who have trashed Romo for years that would maybe say that now, because they wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago. Romo was throwing INT's earlier this season like they were hot cakes. Romo has been streaky throughout his entire career. I've always thought Romo was pretty good though and a QB that you can win with if you surround him with a ton of great players at other positions and don't expect Romo to carry the team or to win games for you a lot. If you do, then Romo will fail like he always has. He is just like Schaub in that regard. But to suggest that he somehow better is pretty silly when their numbers from year to year have been pretty even. And Romo has gotten a lot more criticism then Schaub has in his career as well. The majority of people on this site have trashed Romo. A lot of it has to do with him being a Cowboy probably, but it'sbeen the case none the less.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote