View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012   #191
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was here. Go back and check the dolphins game threads. I was not pleased with how we played. I'm on my phone right now, but when I'm at a computer Tommorrow I'll link it here if I remember.

Ever since that first game I've been saying the same dang thing. Its just that the worse we've played the sharper my tongue has gotten.

It's easy for me to shrug off bad play after a win too. I'm also a fan ya' know....

Here ya go 76 and Tex...The Patriots game was not where I and others started expressing concern:

Quote:
Everyone reacting negatively to your take is wrong.

The players and coaches in that locker room feel the same way you do. If not for the herculean effort of one man this game could have looked completely different.

The fins moved the ball on us pretty good. They won the special teams match up. They played the run well for the most part and they got to schaub a couple times.

I think the dlolphins are going to be better than people think after watching them today, but still, we have some work to do.

The passing offense looked good for the most part though, so that's a plus.

But if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Period.

I think it'll happen as this was just game one. But you are right. They should take thesis win for what it is, but keep it in perspective. They out talented a worse team, but they won't always have that luxury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's my thought. Happy for the win, but not blind to the notion that yesterday could have easily been a loss if it were against a better team. Do not ignore in victory what you would not ignore in defeat.

Quote:
The three series of turnovers for the dolphins completely changed the game.

I felt like up until that point the game couldve gone either way.

I don't think anyone is saying we're doomed. Just pointing out that if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Everyone isn't going to turn the ball over on three consecutive possessions and allow us to blow the game open.

If you listen to the players and coaches they are all saying as much.

Quote:
You missed the point entirely. Doesn't matter if we forced the turnovers. Everyone isn't going to have a rookie QB that is so easily "forced" into turnovers.

That was not a top team we played and they were giving us all we could handle until that bad stretch of plays for them.

You can slice it any way you want, but if we want to win a SUPERBOWL, we need to work on some areas where we didn't perform all that well.

Quote:
I'm glad the players and coaches aren't thinking like that.

That wasn't a top team we were facing on the road. That was an average at best Dolphins team we played at home.

If we want to win a Superbowl we should be aiming to shore up our weak spots. Not being being oblivious or satisfied because a win is a win. I haven't seen anyone panicking, but rather pointing out that we should aim for stronger play.
Quote:
There is nothing to disagree with, again proving you have missed the point. This isn't an argument or a debate....well, unless you feel like the Texans played a perfect game.... Saying you disagree with my perspective makes 0 sense. You disagree that there are areas that we can improve in?

This is a thread that was started to discuss where we can improve. If you don't want to discuss that or think we played a perfect game and have no room for improvement, then why come in here?

You believe that because we won our shortcomings shouldn't be discussed. Well then, stop discussing it. It's that easy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote