View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this. IMO, as a team that in 2013 will still consider itself a Superbowl contender trading a low-cost veteran who if healthy has proven to work in the Texans system makes no practical sense. The move would be to have Foster, tate, and a mid-round rookie to replace Tate when he does cost too much after 2013 season. Lacy is good solid prospect, but I personally would not try to rely on a rookie who projects nice player, when the team already has a solid player in salary cap football.
Understood and I pondered that. We have Tate signed only for 2013. I'm thinking he wants Foster $ as he said that right after Arian got his new deal. Unfortunately for Tate, his hamstring might be costing him. At least he has one more season. In your scenario and I don't necessarily disagree it will go down that way, Texans use Tate cheap 2013 $575,000 then kick him loose unless he signs a bargain deal.

A healthy Tate with a good end to this season has more value to a team like Miami as a cheap starter (with an extended deal) than to Houston as a backup IF Tate accepts that role. I think he is gone in FA.