View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Why on earth are you looking at Bush's 2006/07 stats for comparison? Why are you leaving out the 1150 yards of receiving he had in a pass happy offense? Why are you ignoring his production IN Miami the past two years? Are you really that entrenched on this idea that you're willing to ignore the relevant info? Bush has been good for Miami, and I expect them to re-sign him for a decent amount.

Bush was an oft injured guy with a lot of talent who was never a feature back in New Orleans. Tate could be a similar story, but the fact is nobody is giving up a buttload of picks for him. Bush basically cost them nothing and came at a reasonable salary, it was a low-risk move. The trade you are throwing out there is a high-risk for Miami, but it's awesome for Houston. Try taking this idea over to a Dolphins forum and posting it, see what they say. Link it back here and we can all see what happens.
My thought is that we should keep in mind comparable years in two players careers. I take same approach when folks knock Newton. When you compare him with D Brown early, Derek looks very good. I also think if Long is healthy, he will command a huge salary especially if franchised (over $15m I think). Will Miami pay both? Tate's healthy year in 2011 compares with Bush's 2012. Why should Bush settle for "decent"? Foster is on a SB type team, Bush isn't and it is his last prime deal. If Tate pluses out this season, I would rather have him than Bush (younger and cheaper and raring to be "the guy"). Anyone have stats on Tate this game. Did not look like he got many.

You keep saying "butt load of picks for Tate" which is not actually accurate. Don't leave out the first and fourth round they get. As someone (76?) pointed out upstream, it is like Tate and a 4th for two thirds. I think that would be fairly close IF Tate ends strong.