Originally Posted by Rey
****This Thread is just for fun*****
Outrageous scenarios below:
1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for
Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for
Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for
RG3 and a 2nd round pick
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for
Andrew Luck and a 1st
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for
Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman
6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for
Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for
5 third round picks in the next draft
8) Shayne Graham for
Tim Tebow and a sandwhich
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for
10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor
Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
1) Yes, no brainer. CJ and Stafford are both several years younger, and the extra picks make it a landslide. You could use both on QBs if you feel there is too big a drop off to Stafford and probably get an NFL starter.
2) Yes, definitely. The quality of players is fairly similar, and Thomas and Brown probably get similar contracts, but I gain $3m a year with Richardson plus he's a couple of years younger than Foster. That would have been enough to retain Brisiel, for example.
3) No, but it's close. Just don't like the injury risk of utilizing RG3 fully.
4) Yes, though it was close. Ben Tate is probably gone after 2013, there's not much chance of paying him what he can get plus paying Foster what Foster is already getting. So we're talking about trading Watt and 1 year of Tate for Luck and a 1st. As much as I love me some Watt, I don't know that I'd take Reggie White's career over an elite QB which I think Luck is going to be. Throw in the 1st and I'd have to make the trade. Tate, again is almost an afterthought in the trade for me.
5) No way. Cushing is comparable to Bowman at least, and there's no way Willis is worth Watt, let alone Watt and Antonio.
6) No, giving up too much and I want to see Belichick actually be a success for a period of time without Tom Brady at QB. Brady won't be around forever. Better coach than Kubes but I'm not going to assume he'll accomplish the same when Brady retires.
7) Yes, absolute no brainer. With Tate being gone in another year, a single 3rd for him is fair value, so getting four 3rds for Kareem is a no brainer even if he's turned into a decent NFL corner. Could probably move up with your 1st and then 2 or 3 of those 3rds to get a comparable corner, and have the extra picks left.
8) Not even if it was a toasted sandwich.
9) If the 1st wasn't in there I'd probably do it, but that's too much otherwise.
10) No, not even close. Not even if you put a 1st in on the Ravens side.