View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think fans and teams remember picks only when the can say wow, we got Myers for a 6? or grumble when they give a high pick that fails. Part of the reason I think Miami would want Tate is he is 6'0 205 & 27 & should want that big payoff on a final deal. Tate is 5'11 215 & 24 YOA. Very comparable & Tate comes from a ZBS & could hit field day one. Dolphins GM thinks "hey we hit pay dirt with Bush why not a younger guy"?

Since 2006, Bush has ran for more than 600 yds only last two seasons.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush

Tate has had to play behind Foster & showed what he could do in 2011. Surely you guys remember the hope on this MB that Tate would be able to take some of the reps off Arian preseason and prehammy? If a healthy Tate can return to his 2011 stats as a starter for Miami he would be a better back than Bush.

Do you even know what Bush's first two season stats were? 2006: 565 yds 3.6
& 2007: 581 3.7. He dropped the next three years.

I think Miami would make a deal for much less with Tate who would love to be a starter & would work a deal in this off season.

Daniel Thomas? The guy that was injured his rookie year (like Tate) and has been less than mediocre this season? Daniel Thomas? Who just went to IR
with a knee injury?

Miller? The 21 yoa should have remained in school but went for the cash. He can replace Thomas but not Bush.

RBs may be a low commodity but Miami needs to make a push now and give Tannehill some protection. Get him a WR like Keenan with first pick & put Bush's money towards Jake Long (if healthy) or use Texans first for his replacement.

Your argument did not persuade me. lol
Why on earth are you looking at Bush's 2006/07 stats for comparison? Why are you leaving out the 1150 yards of receiving he had in a pass happy offense? Why are you ignoring his production IN Miami the past two years? Are you really that entrenched on this idea that you're willing to ignore the relevant info? Bush has been good for Miami, and I expect them to re-sign him for a decent amount.

Bush was an oft injured guy with a lot of talent who was never a feature back in New Orleans. Tate could be a similar story, but the fact is nobody is giving up a buttload of picks for him. Bush basically cost them nothing and came at a reasonable salary, it was a low-risk move. The trade you are throwing out there is a high-risk for Miami, but it's awesome for Houston. Try taking this idea over to a Dolphins forum and posting it, see what they say. Link it back here and we can all see what happens.