View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 139861 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Do you even know what they traded to get Bush? A guy nobody cares about and they swapped 6th round picks with the Saints. Then they got Bush to sign a 2 year extension as part of the deal. That's hardly a commitment in terms of trade assets. Now you think they will just let Bush walk, and spend a bunch of high round picks on a guy who has had a worse career and injury history than Bush when they traded for him? No way Jose. No chance of this happening. If anything they might give up a 4th alone for him, but that's about it. They aren't that needy of a team, and RBs tend to be low value commodities around the league.

Also, you know they spent a 2nd round pick on Daniel Thomas in 2011 and a 4th on Lamar Miller in 2012, right?
I think fans and teams remember picks only when the can say wow, we got Myers for a 6? or grumble when they give a high pick that fails. Part of the reason I think Miami would want Tate is he is 6'0 205 & 27 & should want that big payoff on a final deal. Tate is 5'11 215 & 24 YOA. Very comparable & Tate comes from a ZBS & could hit field day one. Dolphins GM thinks "hey we hit pay dirt with Bush why not a younger guy"?

Since 2006, Bush has ran for more than 600 yds only last two seasons.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush

Tate has had to play behind Foster & showed what he could do in 2011. Surely you guys remember the hope on this MB that Tate would be able to take some of the reps off Arian preseason and prehammy? If a healthy Tate can return to his 2011 stats as a starter for Miami he would be a better back than Bush.

Do you even know what Bush's first two season stats were? 2006: 565 yds 3.6
& 2007: 581 3.7. He dropped the next three years.

I think Miami would make a deal for much less with Tate who would love to be a starter & would work a deal in this off season.

Daniel Thomas? The guy that was injured his rookie year (like Tate) and has been less than mediocre this season? Daniel Thomas? Who just went to IR
with a knee injury?

Miller? The 21 yoa should have remained in school but went for the cash. He can replace Thomas but not Bush.

RBs may be a low commodity but Miami needs to make a push now and give Tannehill some protection. Get him a WR like Keenan with first pick & put Bush's money towards Jake Long (if healthy) or use Texans first for his replacement.

Your argument did not persuade me. lol