View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012   #1785
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
No matter what the Texans do this year, even if they win the Super Bowl, there is always that great big shadow that Wade casts over Kubiak as to the over all performance of the team.
If you go back & look at Wade's history & the basis of his sophomore "curse" I think the argument could be made that Kubiak has made him better as well. & if Wade has come to the point where he would not seek another HC gig, then Kubiak as a HC, a team builder, a bringer togetherer, takes another step in the right direction and Wade's shadow only looms ominous in the minds of those that hate Kubiak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We can use injuries as an excuse , but Im just callin it how I see it. They have generally done just enough to win the rest of those in the W column and got b!tchslapped by the Packers and Patriots.
I don't even think about the Packers game. I know the similarity between it & the Patriots game makes it difficult to ignore, but it happened so early in the season I don't believe it is relevant to "who" this team is.

As far as "doing just enough to win" I don't know if that's a bad thing. From a fan's pov, I would like to see us blow out inferior teams, but does that really make us a better team?

I still think it is silly to think we can get into a shootout with New England, Denver, Green Bay, or New Orleans & expect to win. At best, our odds are less than 50/50. Controlling the ball, metriculating down the field & capping drives with scores is the only way to get the odds in our favor. That's what we have to do, I think. That's what we need to be working on & get proficient at before we get to the post season.

That game plan got us 43 points against the Ravens, had us at 21-9 against the Broncos, got us to 12-2 more or less. Sometimes it looked ugly & against the elite, inept. But changing who we are won't make us better at what we want to do.

Yes, we should have scored more against the 21st ranked scoring defense. Yes 1 for 6 is a problem. Now is the time to address those problems. Not try to hide them. Hopefully our redzone success will improve versus Minnesota. Hopefully our starters will play two series against the Colts & score TDs on both drives (that's the only way I think we can call it improvement against the Colts).

If we can't do it in the regular season, chances aren't good for us to get it done in the post season.