View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who are the best receivers in the upcoming draft?

It's rare but I feel the best WR isn't a WR at all, he is a TE. Tyler Eifert. There is no sure thing in this draft like a Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones or AC Green. However I'm pretty sure that Eifert will be a star @ the next level. Going to take your chances on these WR's, only one for sure is USC super sophomore Marqise, Lee& he won't be draft eligible until next draft.

Size 6'6" 251 - matches up favorably with Gronkowski
Technique - route tree & hand placement create superb open windows for QB
Durable - 2011 Mackey award finalist & 2012 Mackey award winner
Blocking - Combination of balance, footwork & strength
Production - broke Notre Dame tight end single season receptions and receiving yards record, previously held by Ken MacAfee.
Character & leadership - Team Captain http://www.uhnd.com/articles/footbal...aptains-10015/

Now if you limit me to just WR only then I'll have to say Keenan Allen, CAL. He is 6030 210 & runs a sub 4.5, might be around 4.4. He has both exceptional lateral quickness combined with long speed. Plucks the ball with those big hands, gotta be 10 1/2" or so? Knows West Coast System, active blocker he is the type of receiver Kubiak could groom to compliment, eventually replace Andre Johnson as next Texan #1 WR.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote