View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012   #73
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
No way I'd trade Watt. Id take a solid run game and a stout D over a star QB. Ask Tom Brady about that Giants DL. How many SB have the Pats won since they had the cameras and film taken away?
THe Patriots have remained one of the most dominant teams in the league, so I have no idea why you would try to use them as an example. They were seconds away from a perfect season for christ sake, and could be potentially headed for a 3rd SB since then. How did Watt's impact fare against Rogers and Brady's impact against the Texans this season? I rest my case. The Giants are also a bad example as they are a great team all around. They had great WR's last year, a very good running game, a very good SB winning QB, and the deepest D line in the league which means you're making my point for me. They went out and got several great D lineman to go with everything else.

The last few QB's to win SB's

1. Eli - Brady
2. Rogers - Ben
3. Brees - Peyton
4. Big Ben - Warner
5. Peyton - Grossman
6. Ben - Hasselback
7. Brady - Mcnabb
8. Brady - Delhomme
9. Johnson - Gannon
10. Brady - Warner

Forgot Eli's first SB that included Brady in that list as well.

Other then Johnson, you've got nothing but elite QB's winning SB's. Eli and Ben are right behind the elite four (Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees), but they've both won two a piece and have both been to 5 SB's between both of them. The rest are HOF guys. Even looking at the list of QB's who lost in the SB are all elite guys other then Grossman, Delhomme, and Hasselback. So 7 out of 10 QB's that even lost the SB were top guys at their position of QB. Trying to act like any DE even as great as Watt is can be as dominant of a factor for an entire team is not even close. An elite level DE can still be on a terrible defense. An elite level QB is almost never going to be on a terrible offense no matter what his weapons are. An elite level QB can make average guys look great. Brady has done it for years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote