Thread: t hollings
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004   #38
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: t hollings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
I will say that Hollings looked better than last year and I don't recall if Hollings had a problem holding on to the ball last year (stat machines do your thing) but I remember Portis having the fumbler moniker early on to and he turned out all right...
Career numbers
Hollings - 40 touches - 2 fumbles 20 touches/fumble
D. Davis - 285 touches - 4 fumbles 71 touches/fumble
Portis - 634 touches - 8 fumbles 79 touches/fumble

Hollings has a problem with fumbles. He knows it, Capers knows it, and the league knows it. Defenses will try a little harder and put a little more effort in stripping the ball from Tony because hes shown a predisposition to coughing up the ball.

Dont kid yourself into thinking this isnt a big deal. Turnover ratio means everything to Dom Capers. Hollings has 3 games to convince the coach that he can put this behind him. If not, Tony will find a place on the end of the bench. And that would be a shame, because Hollings can be a real weapon for the Texans.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote