View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #63
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
His ability to extend plays & pick up 6-12 yards moves the chains, & keep us on the field.

The offense doesn't need to change, Rogers will make it more efficient.

& like you said, we're replacing Watt with Matthews, playing on the strong side. We can still get a dynamic rusher on the weak side, if Merci is not that guy. Still we've got Cushing in the middle.
I will admit, you make a solid case....

Let's seee...

Player . . . Gms . TKL . Sck . P/D. F/F . F/R
Matthews . . .10 . 26 . . 11 ... 2 . 1 ... 0
Hawk . . . . .14 . 71 . . 01 ... 0 . 0 ... 0

Watt . . . . .14 . 61 . . 20+.. 15 . 3 ... 2

ummmm.... Naaah. Too much defensive production to let go of for my tastes. And think about what the drop off in D-line pressure would do to the secondary...

Naaah... Not worth it.

you'd have to toss in a 2nd or a 3rd & a 4th [puts his Rick Smith hat on] ...and why should I give you J.J. Watt - who would be super inspired to be back playing in front of his Wisconsin homies - to team up with B.J. Raji for that pretty-boy LB and Mr. Discount-Double-Check?

Edit: Make that a 1st and a 4th.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote