View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Is Rodgers so much better than Schaub that he counters the loss in production (and likely the increase in Pts Allowed) for you guys?
I don't think we've seen the best Schaub has to offer. 2009, he was on the verge to being elite. Then that guy went away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And don't ignore my "in this conservative offense" point. Remember whose calling the plays. Do ya think we'll suddenly start winging it all over the yard just because Rodgers showed up?
I don't.
That big play on our first drive last week, where Andre had to stop then jump over the DB he had already beat would have been a TD with Rogers throwing the ball.

His ability to extend plays & pick up 6-12 yards moves the chains, & keep us on the field.

The offense doesn't need to change, Rogers will make it more efficient.

& like you said, we're replacing Watt with Matthews, playing on the strong side. We can still get a dynamic rusher on the weak side, if Merci is not that guy. Still we've got Cushing in the middle.