View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: James Harrison Just Doesn't Get It

I think the rule is about as good as you can get it. Guys like Harrison are just making it harder for the game to evolve. The refs & the comp committee need to get better on how it's called/enforced, but no hits to the head of the QB.... makes sense. No hits to the heads of defenseless receivers, makes sense to me.

They made a bunch of bad calls last weekend.... Kj's hit to Wayne was not to his helmet. Joseph's hit to Wayne was. Antonio got fined for a hit to the head of Luck. He didn't try to hit him in the head, but he did. Antonio got the sack, the game went on, fine was levied the next day.

I think I like that approach much better than giving the other team 15 yards for a questionable hit. I know it's hard to tell at full speed, but I thin they should mark every questionable hit, review them later, then levy fines.

They should also have a representative randomly spend a week with each team to see what kind of program they have instructing players not to hit the heads of QBs & defenseless receivers. What kind of drills they run. Is it really being taught.