View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm just a messenger here. But what are this odds that JJ will have a season anywhere like this again? He'll still be a stud. But he won't be able to impact the game like he does now. For him to do what he's doing now is unbelievable. To do it again... the odds are against it.

Love Schaub, but Rodgers & Matthews... ok, I don't love Schaub but it would be silly to pass on Rogers & Matthews now.
Fair question. It depends on whether you think Watt is having a "career year" or if this is who he is and how he'll play from here on out. If he's our answer to, say, Bob Lilly or Ray Childress; then this is par for the course for him for the next 10-12 years. I wouldn't give away a modern-day Bob Lilly for the delta in performance between Schaub and Rodgers.

Take a moment to consider how effective Rodgers will be without his extensive cast of receivers; they won't be coming with him. Rodgers, like Schaub, will have to make do with an "aging" (as some have said in this very thread) 'Dre, Kevin Walter, O.D. (who sometimes disappears in big games) and a bunch of unproven youngsters. No Finley, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, or Greg Jennings. Didn't mention Randall Cobb because A.J. production matches his so they're nearly a wash.

Naah when *I* look at all the factors, I still would rather hang onto Watt & Schaub than roll the dice than HOPE Rodgers would flourish in this conservative system with this bunch of receivers.

But I understand why somefolks would pull the trigger. On the surface it looks like a good deal.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 12-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote