View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Harrison Just Doesn't Get It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My point was that he's kind of a little dude..length wise...

Probably harder for him to make a good waist tackle vs. someone like JJ Watt...Harrison is a compact fella...It's probably more natural for him to coil and go through a ball carrier than trying to make form tackles on everyone.
Nothing you are saying makes any sense. First off we are talking about a four foot target here from thigh pads to shoulders and you are trying to make some sort of major argument out of a few inches of height. Second, if anything JJ being one of the taller people in the league makes it harder for him to get down.

Quote:
He's out in space a bunch, so it makes sense to me that he'd go for a defenders legs since he cant shock guys up top anymore. Going for guys legs has probably been easier for him all along, but there is kind of an unwritten thing where you don't take a guys legs out with big hits...

If guys were standing straight up and down and running like Forest Gump I think we'd see a lot more form tackles...

When the Texans play Peterson this weekend see how many players are aiming for his waist once he gets past the line...They are going to be going for his legs a bunch...He's too big and strong to try and tackle him around his waist for most players...
Yeah I'll be looking for all those below the thigh pad tackle attempts. You're cheating your argument here referring to waist. Harrison specifically said knee. The only time players go that low is on desperation lunges or Jared Allen/Harrison attempts to injure. But hell don't trust me and don't wait for the weekend. Link

It is obvious the great majority of tackles are not made at knee level other than lunges. Hell you are even clearly wrong on people aiming below the waist.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-21-2012 at 06:56 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote