View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Harrison Just Doesn't Get It

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He is 6' but c'mon, lame attempt at an excuse. The dude is known for head shots and now 6' is too short to tackle above the knees. Plus his quote shows he has intent rather than physical limitation.
My point was that he's kind of a little dude..length wise...

Probably harder for him to make a good waist tackle vs. someone like JJ Watt...Harrison is a compact fella...It's probably more natural for him to coil and go through a ball carrier than trying to make form tackles on everyone.

He's out in space a bunch, so it makes sense to me that he'd go for a defenders legs since he cant shock guys up top anymore. Going for guys legs has probably been easier for him all along, but there is kind of an unwritten thing where you don't take a guys legs out with big hits...

If guys were standing straight up and down and running like Forest Gump I think we'd see a lot more form tackles...

I'm 6'4" and solidly built. If I were trying to tackle myself, not way am I aiming for my waist.

When the Texans play Peterson this weekend see how many players are aiming for his waist once he gets past the line...They are going to be going for his legs a bunch...He's too big and strong to try and tackle him around his waist for most players...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote