View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Why would Miami want to make a long term deal with a RB that's been hurt as much as Tate? Why would they want a guy who might just be a system RB with good ypc stats? Why would they pay a premium for that when they don't even have an o-line good enoguh to block for him? They aren't in position to do it, and I think you are greatly overvaluing Tate. He's worth a 4th alone at this point.

I think you need to package Tate and a pick for a single pick. That's it. You just don't see many trades involving multiple picks.
They signed Reggie Bush didn't they? Tate's injury was a hamstring which is significant but not a knee for example or ACL. In 2011 he had 942 yds at 5.4 avg. That is about what Bush will do this year but at lesser avg. The "system" will be similar to Houston's ZBS as Mike Sherman runs a derivitive. Wasn't Bush called a system back when he came out?

In Sherman’s scheme, runners must display a decisive, quick burst through the hole, and possess reliable hands for the passing game. Pristine route-running, short-area quickness, and the ability to get tough yards after the catch are valued traits for a WR in Sherman’s scheme; size and straight-line speed are just gravy. The offensive linemen must be intelligent and stout at the point of attack, yet athletic enough to get out and block at the second level. http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/20/mia...season-primer/

OT: Jake Long should stay in Miami and he is only 27. If neccesary, an OT could be taken at #32 in my scenario or a Cb which is another priority need. WR and OT in draft and Tate?

I think you are undervalung Tate, I rank him as a third but if he pluses out like I suggested in OP, his value to a team like Miami losing it's current RB is much higher. Give Tannehill a WR like Keenan Allen @ 13 + a younger version of Bush and solidify the OT with Barrett Jones or Lane Johnson? And if Long returns, a CB @ 32 strengthens the defense.

Coaches gamble with QBs, WRs, CBs and RBs. I think Tate would love to be the feature back in a city like Miami.

The more I think of this deal better I like it.