View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #11
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36084 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Harrison Just Doesn't Get It

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah the bolded is true in the great majority of tackles. Harrison's statement is stupid. People get form tackled all the time, the vast majority of the time (well in the target area although form has been lost). Yes there are examples like yours where the target area shrinks.

I am not sure how to craft the rule but I think there should be some consideration for (a) people lowering their heads and creating the contact and (b) people having initial contact which whips someones head into helmet to helmet contact.

I will say I think the NFL has discussed a good distinction on the issue (they f'd it up on Watt) - form tackling v. trying to play lawn dart.
Yes, they certainly f'd it up royally with Watt, but James Harrison is no JJ Watt.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote