Thread: Andre's place
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's place

I dig Andre as much as anyone, but I'm also pragmatic about the Hall of Fame.

Quote:
Cris Carter thinks Hall of Fame voters don’t appreciate wide receivers

After getting voted down by the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee for the fifth consecutive year, Cris Carter says he thinks the voters oppose his position more than they oppose him.

Speaking to Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin on WQAM, Carter suggested that he, Andre Reed and Tim Brown have been the victims of voters who just don’t appreciate the talent of wide receivers.

-----------------

Carter may have a point. The receiver position lags behind quarterbacks, running backs, offensive linemen, defensive linemen, linebackers and defensive backs, with only seven receivers in Canton who started their careers after the 1970 AFL-NFL merger: Irvin, Steve Largent, James Lofton, Art Monk, Jerry Rice, John Stallworth and Lynn Swann. And only two of them, Largent and Rice, were selected in their first year of eligibility. Irvin and Lofton were each voted down twice before being selected, Monk and Stallworth were each voted down seven times and Swann was voted down 13 times before finally making it.
A.J. will have to get in line. I do not see HoF voters giving him a first ballot vote in this pass happy day and age.