Thread: Andre's place
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I think Andre is a slam-dunk for the NFL HOF. If he were to retire this year ( which he won't, he's got atleast a couple more years of active play), it would be 5 years before he would be eligible which would also mean the Texans would have been in existence 15 years with "0" HOF members. By then the league would be willing to accept even a marginal Texan HOF candidate so that the team could get off the snide. And Andre Johnson is not a marginal HOF candidate.
I'm not so sure voters would put him in just because they want to get the Texans off the snide. John Elway was the first Bronco to get elected to the HOF; 44 years after their inaugural season.

I think he's a lock because of his demeanor as well as his play. He comes across as a genuinely good guy with a strong character. He's a team first player that helped take an expansion team to be one of the elites in the league. They've got to maintain, but look at the other expansion teams in the last 30 years. Which ones were ever considered among the league's elite teams.

As for the lack of TDs...I think, well I hope, voters realize that it's as much to do with the offense as it is his inability to get into the endzone on a regular basis.