View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade with Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Why would Miami want to make a long term deal with a RB that's been hurt as much as Tate? Why would they want a guy who might just be a system RB with good ypc stats? Why would they pay a premium for that when they don't even have an o-line good enoguh to block for him? They aren't in position to do it, and I think you are greatly overvaluing Tate. He's worth a 4th alone at this point.

I think you need to package Tate and a pick for a single pick. That's it. You just don't see many trades involving multiple picks.
It's not a premium, at least I don't think so.

It's more like a bird in hand, unless the Dolphins believe that Tate is nothing but an injury waiting to happen.

We don't have that kind of insider information.

We work on the premises that Tate has been showing well without any lingering effect from his injury.

Perhaps his value only worth the most to the Texans; they have the best knowledge about his well-being.

It might be difficult to sell when people don't trust one another.
But coaches and GMs have a certain circle (same as us) where they can see the mutual benefit.

It happens quite often, you know.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote