View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings' plan for J.J. Watt: 'Run the football right down his throat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's the NFL's fourth-best rushing offense vs. the No. 5-ranked run defense, one that has allowed the league's fewest touchdowns on the ground (three). The Vikings are ready, said right guard Brandon Fusco.

"We've seen every look -- eight-, nine-man fronts. Whatever they throw at us, we're going to be able to block it," said Fusco, who, along with backup Geoff Schwartz, will match up against Watt. "He's special. Probably the best we're going to see. But we're ready to get after him. It's a fun challenge for us. Go out there, be physical with him and do what we like to do best: run the football right down his throat, basically."

Peterson's 6.3-yard-per-carry average emboldens such confidence, as the Vikings have averaged 29 running plays per game. The Texans have seen that kind of ground commitment from opponents only twice this season.
But Houston's dynamic 3-4 defensive front is unlike any the Vikings have seen in terms of speed, pressure and mayhem.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...football-right

Yeah?

I'd like to see that!
"Chomp, chomp. Swallow. Next?" signed JJ Watt.