View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012   #32
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that this will be paid for by tax payers...Is that accurate?
Sort of LINK

Quote:
The new boards are expected to cost about $16 million. Commissioners are still negotiating the details but tell us they will be paid for with county restoration funds. The Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo will loan the county money up-front.

"The money that goes into this R&R fund comes from hotel/motel tax, rental car tax, from the ticket tax," Shafer said.

"So is there any chance that ticket prices could go up to help pay for this?" we asked Shafer.

"No, not at all," he said.
Seems like it is being paid for as it should. I read the old boards are at the end of their life cycle anyway, so its not like spending for spending's sake.

Ntiro - Sounds to me like you should not only contact the Texans but also the Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation about Closed Captioning. I would think all events....especially the rodeo would benefit from an upgraded CC system.....My hearing is fine and I can't make out the PA 1/2 the time.