View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012   #33
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's 2013 Texans Offseason Projections and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If Antonio doesn't restructure, we're screwed. Would have been nice had Jamison not got hurt, to see if he was ready to fill the void Antonio would leave. I am not comfortable with Crick & do not want to create a need for the draft.
I certainly wouldn't say we are screwed. 3.8 million of his caphit is guaranteed no matter what, the team has already paid it and it will hit the 2013 cap. The 6 million is flexible, meaning that it can be erased from the books, or possibly restructured. If he was willing to take an outright paycut of 2-3 million, I would do it and guarantee the rest of his salary that year. If he's not willing to budge, then cut him loose and spend the 6 million elsewhere. He's not irreplaceable at all.

Kevin Walter's deal is another option in the team's favor. 4.5 million not guaranteed is easy to work with for Rick Smith. Either Walter does what they want, or he can take a hike and try to get that money elsewhere. Good luck getting 3+ million for a guy with his resume at 31. I expect him to restructure down to 2 million this year or be cut. He's overpaid as it is right now.

Wade Smith I expect to stay put. The cap savings from him is small compared to the others, but I just don't think he's as replaceable as the others. Keep him one more year and find another guard in the meantime.