Thread: DeVier Posey
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
FWIW - I had Posey mocked to the Texans in round three.

I had the opportunity to attend a workout with Posey and several other WR prospects last season and Posey stood out among them. Easily the best hands of any of the prospects in attendance which included Jeffery , Floyd , Sanu and Wright. He also stood out in the agility drills.

He's also got really deceptive speed .... think about the guy he almost chased down from behind on the ST play a few games back. ( I forget what game that was).

Considering that he out performed all of those guys taken ahead of him at that workout , I think they got value for the pick.

He hasnt gotten a lot of opportunity to get on the field but when he has he's made the most of them - Remember the first catch he made in preseason bouncing off of multiple defenders and taking it the distance ?
I think the Texans got value for the pick, too.

I studied a majority of his games the last 3 years in college.
Good route runner, good hands, play the ball out in front, going into traffic, etc.

I thought he was a solid mid second round guy.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote