View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012   #44
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Yeah, i now think we need to go & get a tradtional NT in the 1st/2nd. I was on the bandwagon for a WR b/c i deferred to Wade's expertise saying that he could use whatever we had & turn the defense around - and he did that.

But it seems over the last few years all the blitzing we've done is b/c we're compensating for our inability to defend the run with just our front 7. The safeties have to be aggressive coming down hill to help out. & pretty much every time we've gotten beat this year and last, we've been hit on long passes for scores b/c our safeties have been to eager to come down & have been out of position.

SF was able to beat the Pats b/c they could defend the pats run game with thier front 7 and let their db's sit back and cover everything up. I don't know the percentage of teams that run the 3-4 vs. 4-3 but the way the league is going with all of these spread offenses & running qb's i think the 3-4 is about to make another return.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote