View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012   #27
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Google Brandon Williams, he's #2 on my list. Big athletic guy who's only going to get better.
I've heard his name batted around in here a few times and just got finished watching some video on him. He seems to have good size, good strength, decent straight ahead speed, but lacks lateral athleticism/agility. He looks raw and for an NFL prospect I would expect him to dominate at his level of college football but just didn't see it. Granted it was a small sampling of video but he never just dominated against lower level talent though other teams do seem to go away from him quite often. He does play the inside run very well. I could see him being a good draft pick in the late 3rd-5th round to a team that already has an established NT and someone that can afford to let him learn and grow as a player for a couple years. He does seem to have the basics and potential to be much better. Unfortunately I don't think the Texans have that luxury unless we double up on NT in the draft. With Cody most likely leaving in FA and Mitchell not capable of handling NT by himself, I think we have to take a NT early.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote