View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012   #25
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Looks like you put some thought into your post. I've tried to mock a corner but don't see any after say mid second that thrills me. TBH I did not spend much time on college corners or safeties. Early I was going to follow U.Texas guys but that fizzled quickly. Any recommendations for late 2nd or after? I think Slay will do well at either.

Barwin, do we need an OLB that does not get to QB consistently at even a low contract? If Watt had turned out to be a normal DE, we would be a hurtin'. I say bye bye Connor and draft an OLB.

RB, if you can watch Cierre Wood when Notre Dame plays Alabama.
im having the same problem about the guys after the mid 2nd round. but 2 guys i have been looking at is Travis howard from Ohio and sanders commings from georgia. To bigger type CBs you fill run lanes well. both a little suspect when deep but in the short to middle areas are quite good. travis looks like around a 3-4th round while commings a 4-5th around pick.
Havnt seen slay play yet but have read a little about him could be intriguing.

barwin is a tough one i find it hard to get rid of a guy who was our leading sack getter last year. it will come down to what value you can get in the draft and how much he wants his contract to be.

i have watched ND a bit but i focus a lot on the defence, there offence apart from eifert is pretty meh. but ill look out for wood
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote