Thread: DeVier Posey
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey

[quote=deucetx;2082894]Well said. Jean has gotten open some times but that is mainly against zone coverage. He has not been able to consistently beat someone man to man. After all folks look at his size which teams generally drool over but there's a reason the guy wasn't drafted. He's not very fast. A 4.61 forty can tell you that but Schaub made pretty evident when he said Jean has 'Deceptive speed'. That's like when your buddy sets you up on a blind date and you ask if they look good and they respond with 'They have a wonderful personality!' He's pretty good against zone coverage but is quite similar to Walter when it comes to separation.

Posey simply has more tools so we need to slow down a bit with Jean being an eventual Dre replacement. I would someone a bit more well rounded as a #1. Posey would have more chance at that then Jean since he has size and speed.

Put it like this. At no point in this season has anyone really 'split' time with Walter at #2. Jean got some snaps but Walter still would have no less than double of his snaps. This past game? Walter 38 snaps....Posey 36.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I didn't realize ti was that many. Glad to finally see him on the field.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote