View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think your point is good, the premise is the only thing I questioned.

This is a much better argument.

The only thing is that I wish Newton had never gotten hurt. Don't know where his game would be if not for that. I more or less like all the guys on our OL. Newton & Jones just need time. Myers.... well he's starting to tick me off. Smith has been playing better than I thought & I love the big guy (76).

But, I think we need to improve the pedigree of our offense. We need more 1st round pick, or more guys who expect to win. These last two seasons will help our offense with the latter.

At the same time, we're going to draft someone. I'd rather draft a 1st round offensive big ugly than a defensive big ugly. Because I want to blow people off the line. We did it with Eric & Briesel, so maybe Newton & Jones can get it done.

So I would have no problem taking an OG, targeting the veteran LG, or even a Center. If we have the opportunity to get better....
MSR

Your words are much better than mine.

Hopefully Rick/Gary/Wade truly go BPA.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote