View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Didn't realize that, however would you consider this offense potent? Especially against playoff caliber teams? 2 offensive TD's in the last 2 wks tells me the Texans could use an upgrade at WR/OL. Either that or Gary has gone ultra conservative and lost faith in Schaub to make good decisions in the Red Zone. I know you're a stats guy TK, but sometimes stats lie.
I think your point is good, the premise is the only thing I questioned.

This is a much better argument.

The only thing is that I wish Newton had never gotten hurt. Don't know where his game would be if not for that. I more or less like all the guys on our OL. Newton & Jones just need time. Myers.... well he's starting to tick me off. Smith has been playing better than I thought & I love the big guy (76).

But, I think we need to improve the pedigree of our offense. We need more 1st round pick, or more guys who expect to win. These last two seasons will help our offense with the latter.

At the same time, we're going to draft someone. I'd rather draft a 1st round offensive big ugly than a defensive big ugly. Because I want to blow people off the line. We did it with Eric & Briesel, so maybe Newton & Jones can get it done.

So I would have no problem taking an OG, targeting the veteran LG, or even a Center. If we have the opportunity to get better....