View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

I really enjoy the mocks I read here, so please don't take this as anything other than constructive criticism.

But I think most mock drafts are too need dependent. I know there is an element in all drafts, including the actual draft. But it is rare, I think, that a team can actually say, "This is number one priority, this is number two priority, this is number three"

Case in point, we have NT at the top of a lot of mock drafts for this team, but we have one of the fiercest pass rush & a stout run defense. Only 3 rushing TDs have been given up by whatever squad Wade has put on the field this year despite facing some of the better rushers in the league. McGahee, Rice, MJD, CJ2ypc, CJSpiller, Matt Forte, Steven Riddley.......

Need yes, but to the point that we don't take the best player who happens to be a WR or OG or Safety, or ILB... I don't see it.

I'd love to have a #1a in training at WR. I'd hate to get rid of KDub but this offense would be the shiazttzz with 1st round talent lined up opposite Andre. Maybe we have that with Posey, but if that questioned isn't answered before our season is over....... let's not rule out a talented WR for the sake of a NT.

I think many people thought NT was a major need last year as well. As great a season as Nick Fairley has been having, we'd have missed out on Jj Watt.