View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

NT is still my top priority, only real need i think. First round, really hoping for Nix from ND.

OT, i think we got our answer against the colts when newton came back and played really well, the line looked a lot better with him, so OT moves down to around 4-5th round of me but a pick is still needed because we could loose all or some of gardner, butler and harris in FA

OG, similar to OT, jones has played consistently well from the get go and i think brooks had a good game against the colts and from what kubiack said, we should see more of him in the next few weeks. so OG like OT is around the mid to late rounds.
THe only thing that concerns me is the amount of OG/OT that are finishing their contracts this year, depending how many leave and who leaves OG/OT could move up my board, but for now im looking for depth and competition not starters.

WR, was never a real priority for me and im a big fan of posey so i would like to give them (posey, martin, jean and maehl) another year before we go after the Number 1 wideout.

I started the year out thinking CB in the mid rounds to add depth but now see it as high priority (e.g. 2nd round), harris is not progressing, kjax is good but i think he needs some competition to keep him playing well and progressing, also with the amount of nickle packages we play the 3rd CB is a real importance now. mccain before his injury was also not playing as well as last year.

The big surprise for me is Safety. I have always been a big fan of demps but im starting to become a little worried with him. I see safety as high as the 3rd round. We often play 3 safeties on the field and demps is a playmaker and a ball magnet but is not consistent enough and im finding myself worried when is on the field. Consistency is the key because our DB have been playing well but given up the big play has been killing us the last few weeks. Also manning is getting a little older and is quite expensive. im not saying we get rid of him because his too good but a player to groom under him is needed and i feel demps isnt that guy. also keo is mainly a ST and isnt the future starting S for this team.

RB, may be needed if we trade Tate, but i liked grimes in the offseason and have been happy with forsett so its not a massive priority even if we loose Tate. so at most round 6.

TE, we saw when GG went down we struggled on offence, this offence plays more importance on the 2nd TE then the 2nd WR, so going after a TE early i wouldn't be mad with but i feel we need to target other positions first. but i would like some competition going into camp so i feel TE must be address somewhere in the draft.

Not concerned about DE, because if we get that NT, earl mitchell moves over to DE (if cody stays) and our starters are very good and with good back ups in jamison, crick and mitchell we should be fine.

OLB is a bit of a wildcard, i really like merciless and barwin hasnt had those nice stats like last year. if barwin leaves in FA i think and early to mid-round pick is need e.g. 2-4th round. But i think he stays to a team friendly deal and if he does a late round pick is all thats needed to add competition, also im thinking we loose nading in FA, or flat out cut him. also braman is a beast!!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote