View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #17
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brady throws a Hissy Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think Brady came across as a little biatch, but given the fact they were in a time-out (which was the cause of his temper tantrum to begin with), I'm not sure that spiking the ball is relevant. Screaming at the official (which it sure looked to me like he was doing) was another matter, and in my mind would have warranted a penalty - particularly since it was crystal clear that the Niner players were calling for the time-out well in advance of the ball being snapped.

Still, with the Niners managing to take home the victory, I'm glad it wasn't called - one less thing for the losing team to gripe about.
If there were no timeout, this would have been a delay of game penalty (5 yds). I guess the ref decided (or actually heard what Brady was screaming) that Brady's little tantrum wasn't directed at him.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote