View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #86
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys .. NT Manslaughter

Jerry and Jason supposedly both deny knowing anything about the fact that he was going to show up on the side lines.link
Quote:
The Cowboys placed him on the non-football injury list, which makes him ineligible to play but he can attend team functions. He apparently left the sidelines during the second half.

“Our team and our players wanted him today on the sideline,” Jones said after the game. “Jerry’s mother asked us directly as a group. She said, ‘Support him. Help him. He needs your help. Jerry wants that. I want that.’ His teammates asked him to come and be down there with them, and that’s where we are.

“I do know that certainly that there’s the other side of the coin, but this is a case that the people that arguably he’s the closest to really wanting him around for him.”

Brent’s presence caused a bit of controversy, and will likely continue to. Cowboys Stadium is a big place, and if they wanted to have him around, there are a lot of places they can put him that wouldn’t be as conspicuous as the sidelines.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jones'/Garret's statement was an after the fact concoction......after they saw the negative reaction that was produced by Brent's presence.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote