Thread: DeVier Posey
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #32
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
My only problem with the Posey pick is that I think we could have had him later in the draft and didn't need to use a 3rd to get him.

Still, he's come along well. I'm hoping AJ takes him under his wing and makes him a #2.

My guess is Walter is gone unless he takes a big pay cut. He may do so, he doesn't seem to be a guy who's in it for the money alone.
This. This was my biggest problem with the pick, I just thought it was really high for a kid who had missed a year more or less and was probably going to a project for this year.

Physically he might have the tools to be a good #2 option and the fact that he's finally seeing the field is a good sign that this isn't going to be a wasted pick after all.

Barring Walter taking an even more huge paycut this next off-season I don't see how they can't really justify his salary vs production. Also given how the young guys they drafted this year and it's possible to see another high pick (Least I hope) invested in topping off the WR corps.

I still think the most underutilized guy on this offense is Casey.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote