View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #60
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "You take the 3 points and move on"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
More concerning for me was the two games against two upper tier teams and the results of those two games coupled with how the Texans played. They weren't even competitive. I couldn't care less if we kick 9 field goals and win 27 to 10... Every Super Bowl winner has had ugly wins (with exception of the '85 Bears)...

I don't think teams look for tendancies with the Texans. I think they look at the Texans and think (first thought) should we shut down their running game or take out the passing game? No matter what we pick, what adjustments can we make to slow down the other part of that equation.
It's the NFL. Texans are near the top of the league in beating quality opponents and not losing to them. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/16/QS/

Ultimately, I think we are overthinking this. Sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug. This year we're the windshield more.