Thread: DeVier Posey
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I dont deny it could go the way you are saying..but here's how i see it.

Martin is doing exactly what everyone thought he'd be doing when we drafted him...returning punts and kicks. So he's not going anywhere imo.

And Jean....These last few games we've targeted him alot....and he's never been really been open....maybe a half step at the most. Early in the NE game and in today's game, kubes/schaub threw it up to him and the guy just cant really beat his man consistently. And its not like he's facing a teams # 1 db..he's facing nickel dbs and safeties. Even in the Tenn game where he scored...he wasnt really open, schaub just threaded the needle to him and griffin gambled.

Im sure that if posey shows anything these next few weeks jean will be relegated to a special teamer for the rest of his tenure here....which is where he should be imo. Im not saying the guy has no value to this team, just dont think he can be counted on as a key contributor going forward.

& walter...i just dont think we can continue to waste a roster spot on him just because he is a "lunch pail" guy that kubes loves to keep around.
Going to agree with Fiddler on Jean and he has career 6 of 11 targets for 151 yds avg 25. He needs to work on his hands and looking the ball in. As BL said he needs to improve strength to battle ball away from DB as we say AJ do. When he does these, Schaub will trust him and increase his looks. Jean offer as much as many of the second round draft hopefuls. As an UDFA at less than $1millon total next two seasons, I think Kubes will work him in. I favor him much more than you but understand your position.