View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "You take the 3 points and move on"

Ok, just watched the series that ended with the draw on 3rd & goal from the 15.

It was our first drive of the 2nd half, started at 13:53 in the 3rd. Very nice drives, heavy on the run game. Saw a little Tate, a little Posey (run blocking). Foster gets the ball to the 8 yard line.
1st & goal, Myers is blown up, backed into Foster in the backfield. LeStar Jean, worthless block on the backside. Foster stopped for a 1 yard loss.
2nd & goal from the 9. Play action, Schaub getting ready to throw. Freeny blows past Brown, Redding splits Newton & Jones, meet at the QB loss of 6
3rd & goal from the 15. We run the draw, Foster weaves through traffic, is stopped at the 8
So there is three plays back to back to back where someone or a few someones screwed the pooch. Instead of taking a chance on a 4th mistake, he goes with the safe play. The draw.

I'm convinced if we go back to look at every situation where we run the draw on 3rd & forever, it is because we have a string of mistakes leading up to it.

I just don't think we're as talented on offense as we need to be to commit mistake after mistake & be able to overcome it. I'm sure that is why Kubiak calls the game the way he does.

In 2008 & 2009, even 2010 we've seen him take chances & these same situations turn real ugly, real fast.