View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yeah, can't argue with that. That is when someone else has to step up and get it done. When I look at the guys we have out there I see that Smith & Barwin are both capable of doing that but so far we haven't seen much of it from them. Mercilus maybe could too. Don't know.

If nobody else steps up you're right, we're done.
just "playoffs" done, but we all know how that feels. The Oilers were always not quite the best team in the NFL when they were at their best. This team has that same feel....but I'm not knocking that. I've been and am still excited about this season as a whole. If for no other reason to watch JJ Watt play. It reminds me of watching Earl Campbell or Hakeem play. They play on another level and it's rare and one must stop to reflect on what we are looking at before it goes away.

On the broader point, we haven't had good secondary play...or at least 'consistent' play. We have had very little big time edge rush, our linebackers are awful in man coverage without Cushing. Wade moving Watt all over the line is forcing teams to gameplan around him. Frankly I find it amazing that with no real NT push up the middle, no edge rush, poor man coverage and sub-par secondary play and this team is still in the hunt for home field advantage.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote