View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "You take the 3 points and move on"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not going to lie. I wanted him to go for a TD on that play, as well.

However, I did not get pissed off when they settled for 3. I understand percentages and the attitude of depending on your defense, even when they have shown some signs of not being too dependable lately.

I heard something awhile back on local radio that indicated Kubiak had learned this conservative style from Bill Walsh. Kubiak is certainly not the first HC to play percentages and try to protect a lead, and he won't be the last.
Neither Walsh nor Shannahan are the gambling style.

Heck, Walsh didn't even allow Montana much freedom in his first five years.

DB, MSR, as usual.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote