View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #148
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around...

I think it still all boils down to hope, but at least you have reasons that you think we will improve. And at least you admit that the way they've played has not been good enough.

We can win a superbowl this year. But we will either need to step our game up in multiple areas, or we will have to just have a bunch of breaks go our way. I'd rather we take the bull by the horns though.
Breaks?

There are usually breaks.

When two teams that are close in level of talents meet, usually the one that can capitalize on those breaks win.

The Niners had some breaks going their way; they didn't fully capitalize on them the way the Packers and the Pats capitalized against us; otherwise that game would have been a run away.

The Packs capitalized fully on our two critical unforced errors (Barwin and Posey).

The Pats capitalized on our lack of preparation when we don't have guys out there quickly enough on coverage. Wade had dueled with BB of time.
We didn't capitalized on their fumbles.
We had guys with sure hands dropping catches.

Yeah, I would say you can use some breaks against a good team, and you have to minimize your mistakes.

When you do neither, it gets ugly.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote