View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #145
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Lots of good debate in this one. I think it's fair to see the glass half anything with the Texans. Yep, they have flaws and make mistakes. Yep, they are 12-2. And so on...

When I see this thread, I immediately think of it as a "focus on the bad" pointed original post, to which the OP is certainly entitled. I can't blindly look at the texans and believe them to be a Juggernaut. If I am to look at this team in a pessimistic in terms of what's ahead, I believe there are 3 major things that stick out to me...

1. It seems all season long, Houston games have a blueprint.
- Maybe it's just me, but Houston seems to consistently open up games on FIRE. Almost embarrassing the opposing teams with their opening drive. Then, they fizzle and have to find a way to hang on for the rest of the game to try and find a way to pull it out in the end.

2. It's no secret, and there can be many reasons/excuses made for this, but in the past month-ish, it's an obvious vulnerability that opposing QB's are having too much success throwing on our secondary. I feel INJURY is the MAJOR factor here.

3. Special teams...While special teams have many facets, i think a general statement of mediocrity is being polite, and can be primarily capped in MY mind with concerns that we have to hold our breath when facing a field goal attempt of 40+ yards.

All 3 of these concerns can be wrapped up in a 12-2 blanket to dismiss by saying that those very concerns can be overcome, however

As you look ahead to the playoff, irregardless of seeding, I firmly believe that the those 3 things spell likely letdown when facing the best of the league week after week after week(3rd being potential Superbowl).

Does that mean, throw in the towel?? HELL NO! Give us the number one seed, some health, a good bounce of the ball here and there, and a bit of swagger in the post season, and we have the tools to make something happen!

As of today, we have our best chance in history, as fans to see the Texans make their way to a Superbowl!