View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #29
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FCS Playoffs (...and the 2012 SHSU Bearkats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
This seems to be a common argument. But if you notice during the game, they kept shoving highlights of Some Other Who Gives a Crap Bowl down our throats. Somehow, I figure they weren't showing their feed our highlights, though. Sad thing is, people do care. You see more Bowl Pickems than FCS Bracket competitions. .
Actually, I didn't notice.

Probably because I don't give a crap about the WhoGivesACrap.com bowl.

Which, really, its all moot. With our pathetic attendance, the best we'd hope for would be Sun Belt. Is that REALLY going to be better for Sam football?

I dont see how "come to Sam and maybe play in a bowl no one will watch or attend" is a better pitch than "come to Sam and play for a national title."

If Sam is able to become a consistent winner and actually sale out Bowers every not and then, then maybe this is a discussion than can be had in like...a decade.

Edit: I don't mean any of that to sound harsh. We're all on the same side at the end of the day. We want to the best for Sam football. I'm just having too much fun with Sam being relavent at football for once, and don't want to turn that loose.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote